Pricing Specialist (remote)
- - VA-Arlington
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: To prepare compliant cost proposals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Business Development Team and Opportunity Owner/Technical staff to prepare compliant, responsive, price-competitive cost proposals.
- Preparing a cost proposal by analyzing RFP requirements; identifying questions for submittal; and preparing the proposal cost volume and proposal cost spreadsheets / following a defined Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), including labor hours, subcontractors/consultants, materials, ODCs, and travel.
- Assisting with cost-related information in Instruction to Offeror (ITO) for proposed subcontractors.
- Developing cost templates for proposed subcontractors.
- Developing target rates for proposed subcontractors. This includes analyzing competitor pricing/historical data with market expectations/RFPs to verify target price for bids.
- Working with Procurement staff to obtain quotes for proposed materials (Bill of Materials) or services.
- Preparing and presenting cost estimates to management for "Green Review".
- Reviewing Cost Section of Quotes prepared by Technical Staff.
- Ensuring adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Truthful Cost or Pricing Data, and SigSci policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, compliance, submission, updates/revisions, and negotiations.
- Supporting audit requests, fact-finding, negotiation discussions, and the program budget baseline process.
- Maintaining and updating internal cost proposal data/information.
- Balancing portfolio as a Pricing Specialist to a limited number of projects.
- Assist on other projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Describe the required KSA's required to perform the essential functions of the job. Divide them into required and preferences. Clarify actual tasks before thinking about special attributes needed. Every entry must be supported by Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- MS Excel (Advanced) and MS Word (Intermediate)
- ProPricer is preferred
- Salesforce is preferred
- Shipley proposal process knowledge is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Government cost/pricing proposal development
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARs and other Government procurement regulations as they pertain to bid/costing proposals
- Working knowledge of all various contract types, including Firm-Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, Time and Materials (T&M), and ID/IQ contracting
- Able to work in a face-paced, changing work environment with ease and can prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands
- Flexibility to work alternate schedules, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate schedules
- Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization; team player
- Independent and proactive work approach
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Deliver quality work within stringent deadlines
Education/Experience: A four-year college degree with a minimum of five (5) years of Government/commercial cost/price proposal and quote preparation
Certificates and Licenses: Not Required
Clearance: Current, active DoD clearance (SECRET) is preferred. Must be able to submit required paperwork and obtain a security clearance
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Sit and work for long periods of time at a desk/computer
Occasional travel (<10%)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.