- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
To provide laboratory support, including sample production and quality control testing, to Signature Science's ISO 17043 accredited Proficiency Testing Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform proficiency test sample preparation laboratory activities, including sample spiking, nucleic acid extraction, PCR analysis, immunoassay analysis, microbiological analysis, and packaging samples for shipment.
- Review and summarize quality assurance and/or proficiency test data, provide input and review of technical reports, identify data trends and other issues
- Assist with the validation and/or verification of new methods
- Provide support in the areas of molecular biology and/or microbiology as they pertain to quality assurance of collection or analytical activities
- May assist client laboratories in preparing for external ISO 17025 accreditation assessments and attend assessments as an advocate for the client laboratory.
- May regularly communicate with external laboratory staff to help resolve QA, PT, or other quality-related issues
- Perform other laboratory support activities (e.g., inventory, control chart maintenance, equipment monitoring/maintenance) as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience performing microbiological, PCR, and/or immunoassay analytical techniques
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proactive, self-starter
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in biology or related field
- Basic experience performing molecular biology and/or microbiological laboratory methods
- Experience assessing data for trends desired
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Ability to work in varying conditions to include: traditional office environments with sedentary extended periods required for voluminous data analysis via office automation;
- Climate controlled laboratory environments requiring extended periods of standing when performing laboratory analyses, or during audits and SOP observation;
- Mobile laboratories, subject to wide ranges of temperature and humidity requiring extended periods of standing, stooping or kneeling in confined spaces; conference, classrooms or theaters that involve extended periods of standing for training delivery or command briefings; and outdoors in various weather and lighting conditions including heat, humidity, cold, snow, bright sun, and dark night.
- Exposure to various chemical and biological materials associated with an analytical lab or facility.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, coats or gowns, shoe cover, tyvek coveralls, safety glasses, respirators, and/or PAPRs.
- Subject to medical monitoring based on lab functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.