- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The HR Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR department. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll/benefits administration, new hire onboarding, record maintenance, and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diversified clerical and administrative activities within one or more functional areas of Human Resources.
- Updates/Maintains employee files to document personnel actions and to provide for payroll and other administrative tasks.
- Assists the HR Manager in running the bi-weekly payroll for all staff members which includes the uploading of payroll data, submitting file in our payroll system, reconciling reports, and funding of qualified benefit accounts.
- Assists HR Generalists with benefits administration, including the organization and delivery of annual open enrollment meetings, benefit documentation, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Assists with all onboarding tasks including background check reports, first day paperwork, email communications, and human capital management briefing.
- Maintains electronic and physical employee records and compiles reports from employee database.
- Assist in the development of affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Update HR Standard Operating procedures
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally along all business fronts.
- Must have a general working knowledge of HR activities in addition to good ethical and cultural awareness.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office systems.
- Experience working with HRIS systems; Ultimate software preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or be currently working to obtain degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in an HR/Administrative role
Certificates and Licenses:
Working Conditions/ Equipment: Office environment, Normal work hours are M-F 8am-5pm, may be required to work additional hours and days when deadlines are present. Stationary work space, sitting at computer screen for at least 8 hours per day. Traveling may be required on a limited basis.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.