Pricing Specialist (remote)
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: To prepare compliant cost proposals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Business Development Team and Opportunity Owner/Technical staff to prepare compliant, responsive, price-competitive cost proposals.
- Preparing a cost proposal by analyzing RFP requirements; identifying questions for submittal; and preparing the proposal cost volume and proposal cost spreadsheets / following a defined Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), including labor hours, subcontractors/consultants, materials, ODCs, and travel.
- Assisting with cost-related information in Instruction to Offeror (ITO) for proposed subcontractors.
- Developing cost templates for proposed subcontractors.
- Developing target rates for proposed subcontractors. This includes analyzing competitor pricing/historical data with market expectations/RFPs to verify target price for bids.
- Working with Procurement staff to obtain quotes for proposed materials (Bill of Materials) or services.
- Preparing and presenting cost estimates to management for "Green Review".
- Reviewing Cost Section of Quotes prepared by Technical Staff.
- Ensuring adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Truthful Cost or Pricing Data, and SigSci policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, compliance, submission, updates/revisions, and negotiations.
- Supporting audit requests, fact-finding, negotiation discussions, and the program budget baseline process.
- Maintaining and updating internal cost proposal data/information.
- Balancing portfolio as a Pricing Specialist to a limited number of projects.
- Assist on other projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- MS Excel (Advanced) and MS Word (Intermediate)
- ProPricer is preferred
- Salesforce is preferred
- Shipley proposal process knowledge is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Government cost/pricing proposal development
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARs and other Government procurement regulations as they pertain to bid/costing proposals
- Working knowledge of all various contract types, including Firm-Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, Time and Materials (T&M), and ID/IQ contracting
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment with ease and can prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands
- Flexibility to work alternate schedules, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate schedules
- Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization; team player
- Independent and proactive work approach
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Deliver quality work within stringent deadlines
Education/Experience: A four-year college degree with a minimum of five (5) years of Government/commercial cost/price proposal and quote preparation
Certificates and Licenses: Not Required
Clearance: Current, active DoD clearance (SECRET) is preferred. Must be able to submit required paperwork and obtain a security clearance
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Sit and work for long periods of time at a desk/computer
Occasional travel (<10%)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.