Senior Informatics Cloud Engineer
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
A senior informatics cloud engineer will integrate existing data analysis, bioinformatics, and data management pipelines into a cloud-based (AWS) architecture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Architect, develop, and deploy cloud solutions by taking existing applications and rebuild them as microservices to be deployed with other microservices in an AWS cloud environment
• Incorporate established security solutions when designing microservices
• Develop and deploy APIs to allow communication between co-located microservices
• Participate in architecture and design reviews to incorporate effective established standards into product design
• Collaborate with lead architect, security officers, and development team to evaluate and identify and implement optimal cloud solutions that are compliant with framework security requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Demonstrated expertise transitioning traditional thick-client scientific computing capabilities to cloud architecture, using AWS services including S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM, CloudTrail, and others
• Expert proficiency working in a Unix/Linux environment
• Expert proficiency with containerization with Docker
• Proficiency with container orchestration technology, including Docker compose and Kubernetes
• Proficiency with database development and administration, including PostgreSQL and SQL Server
• Preferred: Experience working with large-scale genomics data or bioinformatics analysis
• Preferred: Experience with R
• Preferred: Experience with Helm, Elasticsearch, Keycloak, and Redux
• BS in computer science or related field + 8 years experience, or MS in computer science or related field + 5 years experience
• 5+ years experience developing and deploying containerized data analysis solutions as microservices using AWS
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active or previously held security clearance are highly preferred.
May serve as a task/project lead.
Ability to work in varying conditions to include: traditional office environments with extended sedentary periods required for software development related activities.