Junior Proposal Manager (Hybrid)
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Signature Science's team of scientists, engineers, analysts, and specialists bring advanced analysis and technical skills to collaboratively address our clients' most challenging problems related to national and homeland security, public health, and law enforcement. We seek the brightest minds from across a wide range of scientific disciplines to develop and deliver high-quality innovative solutions. To advance Signature Science's mission, the Proposal Manager will facilitate and coordinate the proposal preparation process from the kick-off of an active proposal pursuit through final delivery and post-submittal follow-up.
*This role will be required to be on site as needed and must be local to the Charlottesville area*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in or may be responsible for leading teams through the proposal process and submitting a fully compliant proposal that meets all requirements of the RFP
- Analyzes the solicitation, identifies all requirements and criteria for evaluation in an RFP, and creates a proposal compliance matrix
- Prepares and maintains the proposal schedule
- Prepares Data Calls for subcontractor team members and reviews the response to Data Calls for relevance and completeness
- Prepares Data Call Responses for Prime contractor team members
- Compiles RFP questions from the proposal team and ensures they are submitted to the client on time
- Facilitates preparation of all required proposal volumes, in coordination with technical writers, Capture Manager, Pricing Manager/Cost Lead, as well as Contracts, Subcontracts, and Property Administration staff, as required
- Schedules and facilitates all proposal review meetings, and maintains and tracks proposal task lists/action items
- Manages proposal efforts to ensure effective materials are prepared and appropriate proposal review meetings are held (e.g., Color Team reviews)
- Coordinates with Contracts team for proposal submission
- Registers the Company in appropriate portals for RFP/Bid Opportunities and Notifications
- Assists in the production of proposal response documents (printing, copying, binding, shipping, or creating electronic files for transfer/upload)
- Performs additional functions, duties, and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary to achieve assigned objectives
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate skills using MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Intermediate)
- Ability to communicate, influence, and gain commitment of proposal team
- Understanding of various contract types, including Firm-Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, Time and Materials (T&M), and ID/IQ contracting
- Understanding of the DoD and Federal Agency solicitation formats and acquisition processes.
- Able to work in a face-paced, changing work environment with ease and can prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands
- Able to be flexible to work alternate schedules, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate schedules
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to work independently
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
A four-year college degree. 2-4 years of experience in Government proposal preparation is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
DoD clearance (SECRET) is preferred. Must be able to submit required paperwork and obtain a security clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Sit and work for long periods of time at a desk/computer
Travel (usually <10%; occasionally up to 50%)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.